Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Great Cook Book that happens to be gluten free!

This evening I made spaghetti sauce using the section of Italian recipes in this bookThe Gloriously Gluten-Free Cookbook: Spicing Up Life with Italian, Asian, and Mexican Recipes

While I can't help but embellish with my own personal cooking style, I have to say this is a great book for ideas.  It also isn't in the style of so many cookbooks that expect you to make even your pasta from scratch.  It does a good job of recommending gluten free shopping items and providing reasonable recipes for a busy family.  While the Asian and Mexican cooking sections seem too easy for me (I already feel all these dishes are naturally gluten free) this book would be great for those that haven't thoroughly explored those options.

And the spaghetti sauce from tonight was possibly the best I've ever served!  


The pasta I used was from my local grocery store, and I liked it more than most (perhaps it was the rice/soy/potato combination).  Try it!
bionaturae Organic Spaghetti, Gluten Free, 12-Ounce Bags (Pack of 6)

No comments:

Post a Comment